Hello from Braybrook, VIC, AU

localseedsau

Jul 31, 2020
Braybrook, VIC
www.localseeds.com.au
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi all,

Daniel here. I’m based in Braybrook, Australia. I grow food in a raised bed (2x1m) at home and a small plot (5x1m) at a community garden. I compost all my food waste and try to be as zero waste as possible. I've also been slowly making my house more energy efficient, installing solar panels, and going all electric with a hot water heat pump and efficient AC. Planning to install a battery at some point.

I don't think I'll be able to be completely self sufficient in a small urban townhouse, but aspiring to be.

I've also started a website to make it easy for seed savers to sell seeds in Australia: https://www.localseeds.com.au.

My mission is to encourage more people to save seeds, to help preserve genetic diversity, and to give people access to seeds that are adapted to their local environment.

Cheers,
Dan

Reactions: DivingTemptress

DTK

Premium Member
GOLD
Sep 23, 2019
Brisbane (SW suburbs)
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'day Dan. From one Dan to another, welcome to the forum. I think you will enjoy being part of this group; I know I do.

Reactions: localseedsau

AndrewB

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Apr 2, 2018
Albury, NSW
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi Dan, I like the website, could be very useful for both sourcing hard to find seeds & distributing them to people.

Reactions: localseedsau