Hello fellow SSC members

Jul 16, 2020
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I'm really surprised I didn't realize there was a forum after following the YT channel for several months. Awesome project imo.
I'm not really a gardener or remotely selfsufficient (living in the city :/) at the moment I just enjoy learning about gardening. Might move to the country side tho.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and have a nice day

Reactions: Vicky and Geo

Geo

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Jun 18, 2020
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome Seljak! Enjoy your time here learning together with us :)

Mark has some interesting videos about growing on a balcony in a city if you're interested also :)

Reactions: Seljak Gradski

GKW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Dec 22, 2019
Sydney
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
G'Day and welcome Seljak.

Same same for me....didn't find this great forum for many months post finding Mark's vids on YT. Glad I did come across this forum as the info it holds and help from members has been great.

Enjoy the forum.

Vicky

Premium Member
GOLD
Mar 27, 2020
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome Seljak,
Snap for not knowing there was a forum :rolleyes:. I think that almost everybody starts out that way, "not really me!" but it grows on you and then you grow on it :) Hope you learn lots and get even more inspiration to move in that general direction!

Jul 16, 2020
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome Seljak,
Snap for not knowing there was a forum :rolleyes:. I think that almost everybody starts out that way, "not really me!" but it grows on you and then you grow on it :) Hope you learn lots and get even more inspiration to move in that general direction!
Oh definately. I'm literally spacing out in my head where I'd put the beds and pens and everything on out property in rural Bosnia. Can't wait to move there some time in the future.

Reactions: Geo

Vicky

Premium Member
GOLD
Mar 27, 2020
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Oh definately. I'm literally spacing out in my head where I'd put the beds and pens and everything on out property in rural Bosnia. Can't wait to move there some time in the future.
oh that is SO exciting, please, please PLEASE keep us updated? Would love to see what the countryside is like out there :D

spector

Jul 15, 2020
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome! I am new here myself. I didn't even know there was a YouTube channel! I was just doing some research on dragon fruit and found a good article here. :)

I lived in an apartment in the city when I was in my early twenties. It had a tiny little balcony on it, but the balcony faced east, so I just got morning sun. It was horrible. I grew up in the country and always missed digging in the dirt. I always have SOMETHING growing, even if it is just garlic in a pot.

Self-sufficiency doesn't necessarily mean (IMO, anyway) living on property and slaughtering your own animals. I think everyone can become a bit less dependent on outside resources, if that is what they desire, even if it is just collecting rainwater to water your houseplants, growing chives or lettuce or cherry tomatoes in a sunny window, or using fewer disposables.

Right now is a great time for you to do what you are doing - researching and learning what you can about the things you want to do!

Last edited: