Question Goat manure mistake?

Frank

Nov 4, 2020
Batam, Indonesia
archive.org
Climate
Tropical
I recently started gardening again and I am a complete beginner... now, I wonder if I made a mistake? A few days ago, I bought some old goat manure and threw it directly on top of my raised beds. All you see is the goat manure on top, you don't see any sand/dirt. Do you think that will be ok or too much manure? The plants in the raised beds are: a papaya, ginger and ginger related rhizomes, a kenikir, 2 eggplant and 2 lime/lemon plants.
It would not be that much work, if I had to get some of the manure back out of the beds.
I tried to look if there was already a similar case on the forum, but I didn't see it.

• Love
Reactions: DivingTemptress

Ray Speed

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Aug 28, 2018
Climate
Sub-Tropical
nope
I use to have goats and threw all their manure into a pile let it chill for awhile then straight into my fruit and vegies
loved it

Stephanie C

Nov 8, 2020
Climate
Sub-Tropical
nope
I use to have goats and threw all their manure into a pile let it chill for awhile then straight into my fruit and vegies
loved it
Did you have any trouble with weed seeds from the goat manure? My horse manure definitely carries some weed seeds. I have a few dairy goats - maybe I should use their poo instead?

Reactions: Ray Speed