Garden Apps

Letsgokate

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
letsgotravelaustralia.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Even though I used pen and paper to take notes, having things on electronic devices and being able to share that info between each device is a good idea and what I am currently sorting out.

There are several apps that do that. One I am trailing is Gardenate, it's made by Australian, but can be used world wide. You can select your climate zone, you can add the plants that are in your garden, when you planted, harvest dates, notes, etc, look like you can even take photos and share it between your devices. Has general information on how to grow on many different plants. They also have a website where you can find planting information and when to plant for your specific area.

You can set calendar reminders for harvesting but not for when you fertilized, watered, pruned etc to then get reminders or notifications of when that was next due. I am currently using Google Calendar to keep track of when I last fertilized and reminds me in the set time I have indicated. There is an app for that too but the one I came across was a bit limiting.

So what other Apps have people found useful

Letsgokate

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
letsgotravelaustralia.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I use Gardenate all the time for planting and I did try the garden thing @ letsgo, then I joined GrowVeg.com for 2 years, which is good for designing the garden, but it is getting to the computer that I find hard. I must be a visual hands on, I would rather a book planner . I have several different planners and have set myself up a desk from an old singer sewing machine table.

I've copied your post here as well @Kasalia

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Yes that's a very clever app and good site too.

Not that I personally use any apps for gardening... mainly because I wouldn't be consistent enough to enter notes.

Although having said that, I do use historical data in a way to help know the best growing times or what worked/or didn't by reading my own content, which overtime has turned into a garden diary of sorts I suppose. Plus, I take photos of the garden almost every day and date them in folders on my PC so this also acts as a growing record.

If I didn't create garden content I would probably use a garden app for sure!

Top Bottom