G’day Mangoes, chooks and soaking rain!

Stephane

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi,
We live in TOOWOOMBA, QLD and are just happy to have had rain for days. No matter how much...or how little water you give your plants nothing beats a good shower of rain. Tank is full after being empty. Nice. Our garden is a suburban block and this arvo we picked our first mangoes for the season, trying to beat the wildlife. We have one chook at the moment, called Elvis. We had two but unfortunately our other died in the extreme heat before Christmas...dear old Gertrude, sad loss we miss her morning attempts to crow like a rooster...Elvis now feels that is her responsibility. Then happily lays her morning egg. Chooks that identify as roosters...who’da thought. We are pretty slack gardeners really, most of our produce is potted. We do small intense things with vegies and herbs in pots. Hence why we like your channel. We use organic mixes and enjoy the challenge of reactivating soil. Nature is forgiving. Lucky. We also have a small aquaponics system on the side as well. It was a balancing act with water, evaporation and an empty tank before the rain. We have a smaller window in TOOWOOMBA before we loose our grow season which is challenging at times to get stuff like watermelons ripe or the like, could be operator error though. Anyway, G’day, hope to share and chat

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'day Stephane and thanks for joining SSC!

Ahh my old home town of Toowoomba... It used to be always wet and drizzly back when I was a kid but it has been very dry there now for a few decades I reckon. Glad you are getting some steady rain.
Chooks that identify as roosters
LOL
Who are we to judge ;)

Wedgetail

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Stephane welcome to the forum. We spent a couple of years living there loved it except when they started putting the poo water back in the town water supply . Dave

Mary Playford

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi Stephane

Maybe try some fast to harvest watermelon variety like sugar baby. I usually sow my seeds around mid-October and harvest before the hot summer.

I am tempted to get a chook...one day :)

Top Bottom