Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Guys,

I'm working on redesigning our showcase area and turning it into a fruit and vegetable area where we can add different fruit and veg we've tried (like a catalog or index or growing database).

Fruit and vegetable varieties will be able to be reviewed and discussed.

There's many different varieties of wonderful fruit and vegetables if we can develop a working list of these itemes that we have tried we can share information about them and even discover new varieties to try in our own gardens.

Hope to have the categories and basic setup done by tonight. :)

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
The new showcase is up and running! http://www.selfsufficientculture.com/showcase/

I personally have about 80+ fruit trees and lots of vegetables/herbs to add but feel free to add your own fruit or veg to the database. Premium and Premium Gold members can add items to our fruit & veg showcase and I've set it up so it really isn't too hard to follow. Basically, hit the "create item" button and follow the form down the page, write a small summary, then add at least one image and you're done. If you make a mistake it doesn't matter because it can always be edited and amended.

If you have any ideas or want to add certain information to the iem creation form or setout please fire them at me.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Yeah I've been meaning to do something like this since the beginning of SSC but held off expecting the reviews app/addon I am helping to design would be ready sooner.

This isn't the case so I decided to use an improved version of our existing showcase addon as our plant collection area or plant review section and I think it'll do the job nicely.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Thinking about changing this section again into something more relevant like a members general tips & showcase section where members can sort of add any tips on plants or growing etc in the various different categories and maybe add a few more?

Just want to make it easier for people to access and use. Any thoughts appreciated.

Top Bottom