Fish Heads has entered the garden

Fish Heads

Premium Member
GOLD
May 15, 2020
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi there,

I've been watching SSM Youtube channel for the last few months, and I thought I'd join the forum as a means to pick the brains of more capable gardeners than myself. I'm pretty new to gardening, having only started in the latter half of 2018. I started with a few herbs, tomatoes, and berries, I've since gone onto growing some ornamentals, namely roses, and lately I've had a go at growing some chillies and garlic. Living in South East Queensland, I get to enjoy longer growing and flowering seasons for certain things due to the warmer weather, but conversely there are limitations on other things that cannot be grown due to not being cold enough. You just roll with it...

Anyway, I've attached some random photos of things growing
in my yard.

Cheers
003.JPG 013.JPG 010.JPG 006.JPG 002.JPG 020.JPG 017.JPG

Reactions: GKW and 67HR

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Sep 27, 2015
Pomona, Qld
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi there FishHeads.
Yes, I was also expecting to read you were using fish heads to make your soil more fertile.
It's a great way to do it if you have access to enough of them.
Keep doing what you are doing because by the looks of those photos it's working!

Fish Heads

Premium Member
GOLD
May 15, 2020
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Thanks for the welcome! The name's a reference to the Barnes & Barnes song of the same name, not so much to horticulture. The garden is flourishing at the moment; the warm season has lasted for an unusually long time, and as a result my roses are still budding and flowering when they should be having a rest. Hopefully it gets much colder soon, because they're due for a hard pruning; one of them is almost 8 feet tall(!). I realise this forum is mostly about edibles, but I can't help doting over them from time to time.

AZ Orchard

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2020
Arizona, USA
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
Wow - beautiful plants and flowers in a nice, neat garden.
Mine is not so tidy. Welcome:)

Karla

Premium Member
GOLD
Feb 7, 2020
Oklahoma
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi there,

I've been watching SSM Youtube channel for the last few months, and I thought I'd join the forum as a means to pick the brains of more capable gardeners than myself. I'm pretty new to gardening, having only started in the latter half of 2018. I started with a few herbs, tomatoes, and berries, I've since gone onto growing some ornamentals, namely roses, and lately I've had a go at growing some chillies and garlic. Living in South East Queensland, I get to enjoy longer growing and flowering seasons for certain things due to the warmer weather, but conversely there are limitations on other things that cannot be grown due to not being cold enough. You just roll with it...

Anyway, I've attached some random photos of things growing
in my yard.

Cheers
View attachment 4642 View attachment 4643 View attachment 4644 View attachment 4645 View attachment 4646 View attachment 4648 View attachment 4649
Beautiful garden you have going. I haven’t got to the fish heads yet but sure look at my garbage different now. I now know what to do with my extra chicken eggs. Great ideas are abundant here. Enjoyed your pictures.