First snake of the season

Mary Playford

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I don't know why I clicked on this post, now the images of that thing will stick around in me head. :( :chop::chop: I need a different visual, I wish I am up a mango tree eating mangoes....yes, yes, yes :D

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
Yeah letsgos is like the pythons we have here. Browns, Blacks and Tigers don't get near the place because my 2 terrier-x-coolies are dynamite on snakes. Not attacking them, just a different growl and stand back. They are also excellent rat/mousers. A plague is quickly despatched by these two! And they work sheep and cattle in the paddock, when they aren't chasing them big hopping mice (kangaroos). Or sleeping..
Turbo (the mum,15yo)
camera 216.jpg

And Bitty (7)
camera 217.jpg
The best mates you can have.:dog::dog:

Last edited:

Jenni

Premium Member
Not sure why but I have only seen one snake here in 15 years way down the back of the property. I back onto a national park so maybe they just don't need to come up to the house. I hear of people right in the centre of the Gold Coast seeing more snakes than I do. None have attempted to taste quail yet.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
That's good Jenni and snakes aren't a daily event here either but I suppose we'd see around 10 every summer (compared to your place that's a lot).

I used to see the odd python curled up at the quail pen of a night but not for the past few years they probably have given up :)

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
When I was at Humbert River Station in the Kimberley we got some pullets. Firstly the quolls dug under the mesh and got some, then after fortifying the bottom the pythons got the rest. I don't think it was the carpet/reticulated ones, but the black-headed scrub pythons-they were enormous up there.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I had a quick peek on your YT channel Mark, ....I was looking for the rats LOL
I never got a shot at the rats because they were too quick to film at night but the snake put a stop to that anyway :D

Top Bottom