filtering by location?

Discussion in 'Announcements, Rules, Admin Questions' started by Walt, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Walt

Walt Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
    Hello,
    I am still learning to navigate the site so hope I am posting in the right spot for this question.
    I VERY much enjoy everyone's articles and read them all no matter where they are from or what they are about. But......is it possible to filter members who are in a similar climate or location?
    Perhaps form a group of folks from short growing seasons, if that is allowed?

Thanks!

2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Not at the moment but it is possible if I upgrade our forum software and use a specific addon that allows such a feature in the new installation. I'll keep it in mind...

Meanwhile, if there are other members who are also interested in this feature please "bump" this thread to show your support.

3. DTK

DTK Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Mark, I am enjoying the forum as is, but it might be a nice feature to be able to sort by that kind of index, IF, it is not a costly upgrade for you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Walt

Walt Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
    I agree! Forget I suggested it if there is additional cost to you :pig:

• Like Like x 2
  5. PestoMuncher

PestoMuncher Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Maybe instead of a new feature we could just have forums for specific climates, if that would be easier? Like if you want advice or want to hear about experiences from people who grow in the same climate as you, instead of posting on the generic forums, you could post on a forum specifically about gardening in your climate? And then people who aren't that affected by their climate e.g. they're growing plants indoors or in a greenhouse, or anyone who has a topic they want to share with everyone or that they think won't be affected by climate, can still use the general forums.