Question Eggplant Leaf Discolouration

Fergzter

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi brains trust.

My eggplants seem to be developing some discoloration on their leaves (see image). Just wondering if anyone might know what it is. I am thinking some nutrient deficiency but not sure which one.

Cheers

Andrew

Eggplan.jpg

Fergzter

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Pretty sure the compost I use is all good. We did get some horse compost in about a year ago but it is well rotted and has been used in other areas that are not showing any issues. Interestingly there is some capsicums, sunflowers and lettuces in this bed (not in photo) that are not showing any signs of distress. This is my thinking towards possibly some nutrient deficiency unique to the eggplants.

Robbie

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
It looks like it could be leaf spot or blight a bacterial disease that maybe harbouring in the soil?
There is a post on here about useing solar heat to kill bacterial diseases in the soil by putting a black tarp over the soil for 4 to 5 weeks to kill the bacteria by heating up the soil

Last edited:

Fergzter

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Great suggestions. Its so odd that it is only effecting only eggplants when there are about 4 types of veggies in this particular bed. I will try some fungicide for the leaves and see how it goes and maybe give the bed a rest under black plastic when everything has finished.

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
If you search this site for a thread I started over 12 mths ago about tomato diseases, it will apply equally to your eggplant. There are heaps of photos of leaves with different conditions and some stem profiles.
Sorry I'm running out of time or I'd hunt it down myself.

Top Bottom