Perry

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'day,
I noticed Mark has a Compost Tumbler.
I saw this Tumbler an Bunning Web Page.
I am thinking of purchasing one.
Has anybody got one like this? Do you recommend it? If not what do you suggest?
Cheers Perry

Attachments

• Tumbler.JPG
    Tumbler.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 674

Cheryl Smyth

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Perry
Mr self sufficient me
Did a review on tumbler about six months ago!
Composting is the heartbeat of organic gardening!
Good luck!

Burga

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)

If you want to watch Mark's video. :)

Perry

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'day,
Thank you for your reply. I have decided to go ahead and purchase the Tumbler as I think it will serve it's purpose.
Cheers Perry

JohnH

Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Perry, Did you end up getting the tumbler? I have the same one from Bunnings that has been going for a few weeks. I’m still waiting on my first batch to finish.

Perry

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'day JohnH,
I am still trying to convince my wife that it is not just a Toy but something that will be beneficial to our garden. My birthday is coming up. I will ask her to buy one for me, US!!!!! It is her garden as well.
Cheers Perry

spector

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I would also be interested in your experiences with it. I have one of those kind that has a big aerating cone in the middle, and I am not super impressed. Seems like the old fashioned method of hand-turning the pile breaks things down faster than this thing does. Luckily, it was a gift, so no money wasted on it.

Perry

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'day,
I have not purchased a Compost Tumbler as yet. I still do the Regular Turning Method. Turning one bay over into another bay.
Cheers Perry

DivingTemptress

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I have 2 tumblers, and it can not fill all my needs for compost. When we were remodeling, I composted in place all over the back yard and now we have 2 huge bins behind the pool house as well as the tumblers. I am hoping next summer I will only have to purchase mulch and can have enough compost for all my beds.

My hubby does very little of the composting ''work''. I gather the coffee grounds, egg shells, bags of leaves, and dealt with it every week for over 4 years prepping the soil. He built the bins and did the prep of the beds and is working on the irrigation system now. I do most of the planting and maintenance and occasionally get his help with harvesting.

in my opinion, if you have the space then let nature make your compost with very little work and save your money for amendments, like biochar, worm castings and rock dust.

Happy Gardening !
P J, the Dirt Diva

Last edited:
Top Bottom