Chris

armysnail

Premium Member
Hi Chris from Donnybrook, Queensland. I live on 4.5 acres having bought the place six months ago. I've always wanted to grow and eat my own food so now I have a chance. I have a few hens and a small veggie patch. The veggie patch will grow pretty quick over summer. I have a few existing fruit trees and started adding citrus already. I have a small aquaculture experiment going and if it takes off an area for a pond/dam already allocated. I am saving for a spear pump/ sump pump as the water is only 2 metres below ground and I already have a 100mm pipe to tap into. I am waiting for fencing to add a small flock of sheep for meat. I also breed Great Danes. My background is the military, ex Infantry.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'Day Chris and welcome mate! I was TOCO at 6 RAR (06/07) :)

Congratulations on your property it sounds like you already have good access to free water (which is important for growing lots of stuff) your citrus will do very well in your loc - so plant heaps of them :D

4.5 acres is a nice size block too and running a few sheep should be interesting - good luck with that, cheers.

armysnail

Premium Member
Platoon sergeant with 1, 7 and 10 platoons as well as Radio Sergeant. Left for Depot Company, RAR in 1994 then on to spec wing, School of Infantry and 4 RAR (CDO). I have a farmer in law who is willing to come up and show me how to kill, dress and hang a lamb so if all goes well, lamb roasts next years.

armysnail

Premium Member
It's the very start. I moved in in Autumn and have waited for spring to start. I'll do my best to take photo's of the progress.

Lowden Ridge

Premium Member
Hi Chris...My place is in Donnybrook Western Australia...look forward to seeing some pics of your place will be interesting to compare Donnybrook's across the country cheers Carolyn

armysnail

Premium Member
It will be nice to compare notes. I need to post some before photos before I do much more.

armysnail

Premium Member
Does anyone know what my name stands for? army is obvious but S.N.A.I.L. ? Think back to the term S.N.A.G which was popular whilst I was serving. We had to adapt it. That is the only clue.

armysnail

Premium Member
I worked for a living. (WO2). The first part is correct but what is the I.L ? Come on Mark, think Corps and taking the P.

armysnail

Premium Member
No but I was a lid before I got out. Tongue in cheek Infantry L.

armysnail

Premium Member
Off to my wife's Christmas party. She's five months pregnant so is the designated driver and there is a four hour open bar. I hope I remember my name tomorrow.

armysnail

Premium Member
Well hopefully I can be on more often now. My daughter was born St Patricks Day, 17 Mar which was five weeks early. She has been taking all my time but finally starting to sleep through a bit.

CoolBlueDude

The coolest blue dude you will ever know.
Premium Member
Ohhh happy days!!! Good for you and the Mrs's. Looking forward to that myself one day. Blessings!!

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
Leader, Leiutenant/Leftenant, Lagger, Longfellow, Liker,Lover, Larrakin ???:cheers:

Top Bottom