Chook Tea

MichaelSchonefeld

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi guys, ive made some chook tea (left soiled bedding and chook poo soak in water) mixing 1 part tea to 9 water.. question is would feeding this once a week be too much should i stick to fortnightly?? TIA

Vicky

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi Michael, I don't know for sure but I would *think* that such a tea would be high in certain nutrients etc but also at the same time limited to them. Would it stand to reason that it would also be quite acidic - as chicken droppings can be :) ? would some plants not like that type of specific fertilizer?
Were it me, I would make up some other kinds of fertilizers and alternate their use OR add different ingredients to your existing fertilizer like comfrey leaves, nettle leaves (never seeds though) and a host of other things to round out the nutrient content.

MichaelSchonefeld

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Michael, I don't know for sure but I would *think* that such a tea would be high in certain nutrients etc but also at the same time limited to them. Would it stand to reason that it would also be quite acidic - as chicken droppings can be :) ? would some plants not like that type of specific fertilizer?
Were it me, I would make up some other kinds of fertilizers and alternate their use OR add different ingredients to your existing fertilizer like comfrey leaves, nettle leaves (never seeds though) and a host of other things to round out the nutrient content.
Thanks for the insight Vicky - i like your idea about adding different components to the tea - i was working on the assumption that it would be similar to a compost tea but I see your point about might being too rich.. Thank you :)

Top Bottom