Catching a rabbit

Discussion in 'Other' started by Helen Auriga, Feb 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Helen Auriga

Helen Auriga Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
    At work we have a baby rabbit in the greenhouse. I have found and blocked the hole where it came in. I have been trying to trap it for 2 weeks. It just doesn't seen interested in any of the baits I've used. So far we have tried carrot, apple cores and kiwifruit.
    What do you all use as baits for rabbits? The cage trap I'm using works well at home, this little guy just doesn't seem to know it's there. It's hiding under benches about 15cm from the ground that are covered with plants.

2. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Helen if it is that small it might still be suckling.
    Perhaps it is just sitting there wasting away because it nolonger has its mother.
    It would only know to eat what it's mother ate until it was older so that would be grass & green matter.
    You might have to get a long stick & poke it out into an area that you have boarded off so you can throw a blanket over it to catch it.
    Have you seen how pigs grown for meat are mustered from open range pens with boards?

3. Hariyama

Hariyama Member

use a ultrasonic repellent

4. Hariyama

Hariyama Member

Some people have heard of rabbit starvation and think that rabbit meat is bad for you. Actually, rabbits are completely safe to eat but they do lack specific nutrients that your body needs to survive. So……you just can't eat rabbits every single day without some other foods and vegetables mixed into your diet.

5. Hariyama

Hariyama Member

We live in a rural area sounded by open fields, brush and woods. Our garden sits right in the middle of rabbit habitat. Rabbits have always destroyed our garden and it's been a constant battle to keep them out. Last year I tried this rabbit repellent and it worked great.