Bushtucker

Discussion in 'Subtropical Climate Only' started by taisla97, Feb 16, 2020.

1. taisla97

taisla97 Active Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    What bushtucker have you got growing? What is it in (pots/ground)? How much space do you have? How propagated (seeds, cuttings, tubestock, etc.)? Etc. I'd love to know all about it. Appreciate pics too.

2. Chris4066

Chris4066 Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I have a baby Atherton Raspberry that I bought on ebay a few weeks ago from a bloke out near Ipswich - it was basically a stem about 30cm with a few sad-looking leaves when it arrived (I think raspberry stems are called canes? Still learning). The Atherton is a rainforest native that produces fruits supposedly similar to the European varieties, but obviously better suited to our climate.

I am a humble balcony farmer, so it's been transplanted to a small pot (for now). It's doing very well in spite of the weather ups and downs of the last month, and didn't appear to suffer any transplant shock at all. A hardy little guy, I must say. I planted it into a handful of my home-made compost, premium potting soil, and have seasol'd and liquid fertilized it once. It's not shy of a daily watering, either.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wedgetail

Wedgetail Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi taisla have 4 peanut trees still in pots but will be planted out soon hope to get another 4 soon so we can spread them around the block we have 70 acres so plenty of room . Dave

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1