Fruit Showcase Blue Berries

Harvested my first batch of blue berries!

Keiran Roles

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I love blueberries i smash down about half a small punnet a day .. i had to plant a few ..but there shooting up and i didnt think how big 2 m was when i bought them

Joshua

Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Have any questions on blueberries? shoot them by me and i will get them answered. Have over 35 varieties on the farm i work at and 5 farms in my vicinity.

ClashAll

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Have any questions on blueberries? shoot them by me and i will get them answered. Have over 35 varieties on the farm i work at and 5 farms in my vicinity.
Hi Joshua. Do blueberries grow well in pots?

Carissa

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
can I plant blueberries in raised beds in full sun in Texas heat? Also, how close would you plant them?

Joshua

Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Blueberries do well in pots, select smaller plant variety such as northland, azalea or rose potting mix as they like acid soil and mulch on top with wood chip. They do well with a 0 phosphorous fertilizer, as it burns the roots. Pot up your blue berries a few inches at at time, the extra heat from the sun helps with root formation. We have now trialed hydroponic blueberries with results showing fruit yield in 3rd year instead of 5th.

Texas heat will be a problem as they are an alpine bordering species that does prefer colder climate, could try using shade cloth and increase water supply in free draining sandy soil.

When your plants are established ( around 5 years before decent crop) prune 40% of flowers each year to increase fruit size overall.

Hope this helps

Keiran Roles

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Blueberries do well in pots, select smaller plant variety such as northland, azalea or rose potting mix as they like acid soil and mulch on top with wood chip. They do well with a 0 phosphorous fertilizer, as it burns the roots. Pot up your blue berries a few inches at at time, the extra heat from the sun helps with root formation. We have now trialed hydroponic blueberries with results showing fruit yield in 3rd year instead of 5th.

Texas heat will be a problem as they are an alpine bordering species that does prefer colder climate, could try using shade cloth and increase water supply in free draining sandy soil.

When your plants are established ( around 5 years before decent crop) prune 40% of flowers each year to increase fruit size overall.

Hope this helps
Awsome thanks for the info ...

Top Bottom