Been quiet because so much going on!

Discussion in 'Chin Wag' started by Mataeka, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Mataeka

Mataeka Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Phew, it feels like I haven't had much to add on here lately. I've been getting a few new seedlings growing in my balcony pots lately but not as much as I'd like as I've been battling some crazy fatigue due to bub#2 which is due in April. On top of that I have had a surprise job offering come my way leading to having to chase up daycare etc if I do get the job. I'm a bit sad that I think getting a job will likely cut into my gardening time a fair bit (mostly due to reduced time with my son) but at the same time kinda looking forward to some adult time.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ash

Ash Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Congrats on the job. Sometimes our hobbies and even passions do have to take a back seat to other priorities of life. See you back when your next self sufficiency effort comes to fruition.

3. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Sounds like a lot going on for you Mataeka!! :cheers:

I've been preeeeety busy too and haven't added much here lately. Everyone will have forgotten who i am :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mataeka

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    In a way if the job comes to fruition it's still heading towards the self sufficient end goal because it means helping pay off the mortgage quicker which allows us to begin saving for the forever home :) the one with plenty of space to garden so I'm not only restricted to growing in pots :D

5. Steve

Steve Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Understand all that @Mataeka
    It can be tough sometimes. My wife is looking to get back into the workforce too after our first child. I think she will have mixed feeling about the whole thing too.

Not bloody likely ya rum-swilling garden monster!

6. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    LOL :cheers:

It's all a balance and sometimes it can be a simple matter of utilising time better because a small productive vegetable garden and/or several fruit trees really aren't too time-consuming. I used to have our son in his bassinet positioned in the backyard with an umbrella to shield him from the sun so I could work in the garden and look after him concurrently. I never did fit in with the mother's groups... sitting drinking coffee all day at the shopping centre talking baby isn't my thing (oops, did I just say that...) :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Mataeka

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Haha God there needs to be gardener mum groups - so much!

The toddler can be semi-helpful and very destructive given the very limited reach he has on the balcony....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1