DivingTemptress

Premium Member
GOLD
Feb 7, 2020
Nassau Bay, Texas USA
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Andrew
the bunnies are adorable !!! and the garden is looking quite lush. A walking tour video sounds like a grand idea ... be sure to include before and after perspective because you have done so much in a very short period of time. It is a true showcase !!!

Kudos to you, Bro !
P J, the Dirt Diva

DThille

Oct 12, 2020
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
I just went through the thread from start to finish. Well done! As someone else noted, I almost got sore / tired looking at the accomplishments. I think our North American culture would be in a lot better spot if most people would have a yard like yours, getting exercise, sun, fresh air, and fresh food that they know where it came from.

Derek

AndrewB

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Apr 2, 2018
Albury, NSW
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
It's warming up here, summer is still a ways off, but it's meant to be pretty hot this this week.

The plants are loving it, the bees are finding it a bit warm though, so are outside the hive so it doesn't overheat.

The chickens finally started laying this weekend. It's interesting how their temperament changed instantly once they laid their first eggs. They are much friendlier now. I just have to get them to lay in the coop more often, rather than the random places they get into.

I'll start working on some shade for some of the beds this month before the real heat arrives. The summer here is pretty harsh, although it's meant to be a wet one, so I'm expecting some good growth from everything.

IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

Sunflowers are doing well, I also have jerusalem artichokes in this bed, which are starting to catch up.
IMG_0246.JPG

So many radish flowers. They don't seem to die back, just keep on flowering & getting bigger!
IMG_0245.JPG

This is the pollinator bed I planted, it's going great now, I've seen all sorts of odd insects, I rarely have my camera though, so haven't been able to get a photo.
IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

Comfrey is well established around the base of the fruit trees now.
IMG_0252.JPG

Plums are growing well, I wasn't expecting any fruit from the first year, but over half of the trees are loaded.
IMG_0253.JPG

These are my carrots, they are about 7 foot tall at the moment
IMG_0254.JPG

Yarrow is going fantastic, this is one of my favorite beneficial insect plants, I also use the leaves in cooking & tea.
IMG_0255.JPG

One of many artichoke plants around the place, they are huge, this one takes up half of a 3mtr x 1.5mtr bed. The chickens like them for the shade & shelter they provide.
IMG_0256.JPG

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: JoshW and DThille

DivingTemptress

Premium Member
GOLD
Feb 7, 2020
Nassau Bay, Texas USA
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Holy Grandiose Garden, Batman !!! All this since March ????? I am so impressed !!!

Will you come and visit Andrew .... you have a magic touch
P J, The Dirt Diva

AndrewB

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Apr 2, 2018
Albury, NSW
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Thanks PJ, I would love tour around helping people do this. Despite the large amount of manual work (which I very much enjoyed), with good backyard access & a mini digger, I could probably recreate the bulk of this in a few days with some help.

Reactions: DThille

DThille

Oct 12, 2020
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Thanks PJ, I would love tour around helping people do this. Despite the large amount of manual work (which I very much enjoyed), with good backyard access & a mini digger, I could probably recreate the bulk of this in a few days with some help.
That sounds like the beginning of a landscaping business.... ;)

Derek