Featured Another 5 new tree's lol

Discussion in 'Subtropical Climate Only' started by Ray Speed, Dec 2, 2019 at 5:28 PM.

1. Ray Speed

Ray Speed Well-Known Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Well couldnt resist myself, I really think this is the end for awhile lol takes us to 48 trees in total, I think thats enough
    2 x Plums, 2 x Peaches and another Lychee

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wedgetail

Wedgetail Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Excellent Ray good to see your orchard expanding more there will be plenty of work in those 48 trees in a few years time but on the good side some yummy eating to. How is your dad's orange going after the transplant ?. Cheers Dave

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Speed

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hey mate
    Dad's Orange tree is going well, I pruned it back totally just after I planted it in, it looks good at this stage cant wait to see it start to rock n roll :)

4. Wedgetail

Wedgetail Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Good to hear it's growing well. Cheers Dave

• Like Like x 1
  5. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    You are so lucky to have the water to keep them going and wise to stop at that number.
    You can always plant a few more once it rains.

I purchased 5 new fruit trees back in late winter but almost immediately realised it was best not to plant them as they would be harder to care for if they were out in the orchard.
    So I potted them on and left them along with the 7 potted-on blueberries near the grouped house plants where they get some shade and are easy to water.

As it stands, it looks like I've lost two mature navel orange trees so far in the orchard which is a real bugger because they were really nice sweet fruit.

6. Ray Speed

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    its always hard battling the elements, we have mulched heavily and done alot of work with the soil, fingers crossed all going really well
    Fruiting tree's this year so far are Red Finger limes, Lemons 2 varieties, Blood Orange, Guava, Manderins. next few years we will have some crackers coming along.
    In a couple of weeks we will be picking up a semi mature Jaboticaba and a Kensington Pride Mango lol

7. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I planted a jaboticaba two years ago but they hate drying out apparently so it never did any good and darned near died last dry season.
    Recently I moved it to the new fruit tree mound where it has better deeper soil and closer to a bit of grey water from the house.
    So far its handled the transplant ok.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Nice selection of trees! Those flat peaches grow like crazy and make excellent lunch box snacks - have to net them from fruit fly here. Sometimes they even sting the fruit when young and they fall from the tree - I learnt that the hard way.

bagging flat peaches 800.jpg
    Angel, flat, or donut peach

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ray Speed

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Mark
    will be curious to see how we go with fruit fly etc up here, I will have netting ready so fingers crossed :)

and whilst I admit I said I was going to stop there, today I have put down some money on a Japoticaba thats 6ft and a 6ft Kensington Mango tree, (BAD ME) BAD BAD ME